Thursday, July 28, 2011

Venice

Time for another blog update, since I haven't written one in a few days.

On Sunday we had our friends Allie and Dan over for dinner, 1) because we love them, and 2) because they are leaving soon to go get married in the States! Woo hoo! Congratulations!!!!!!! They're going to watch Richie for us while we're in Venice for the next 4 days, but then they're leaving to go home.

I made a bangin' artichoke dip that I took pictures of while I was preparing, but then forgot to take a final picture of it when it was finished. Oh well. It was all gobbled up so I know it was good. Try it!

Artichoke Dip
Ingredients:
8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1 can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 c. mayo
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1/2 c. grated cheddar
1 clove garlic, minced.

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and transfer to dish.
Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

The next time you need to make an appetizer, try this! It's delish. I actually got it from a friend a few years ago and have made it several times since. It's always enjoyed and complimented.

So, our dog is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He has LOTS of hair. We like to get his hair cut and nails trimmed every few months. Well, the last time we got it done here it was 100 CHF, which equates to approx $125.00. I decided that this time I would try to do it myself.... with um,,, Paul's clippers. Oops! Sorry Paul! He actually looks pretty good. If you do want to get your dog's hair cut professionally here in Zurich, the place I've gone to before is called Hundesalon Bello. It's the cheapest I could find, and the owner is super nice (doesn't speak english, only german). She lets the dogs play together after they're finished being cut, which I think is MUCH better than locking them up in a little cage to wait for their owners.

I tried to get Richie to show off his new 'do.


So, we cut and bathed Richie, are about to brush his teeth and clean his ears, for his stay at Auntie Allie's!! He gets to play with Jack and Penny and have a ball for the next 4 days while we're in Venice.

I. Am. So. Excited. I've never been to Italy! Venice is going to be amazing. I don't even care if it's high tourist season and crowded, I'm going to eat it up. Time to go pack!

3 comments:

  1. a lot has changed since this post... 1)You met ME - most importantly 2) Allie and Dan got married 3)YOU HAD A BABY - whoa

    but there is one thing that has stayed the same...that dip is BANGIN!

    please keep blogging. puh-lease

    ReplyDelete